Valley of Flowers:
Famous trek of Garhwal Himalaya. It is the wonderland of Uttrakhand with an altitude of 3,600 meters above sea-level. The valley is known for flowers like the Brahmakamal, the Blue Poppy, and the Cobra Lily. It is a haunted site for flower lovers, botanists, and trekkers. It is a journey to remember deep in the heart, the beauty of the place the culture, peoples everything is such a mesmerizing.
Day 1: Dehradun – Joshimath
Time: 8 to 9 hours Distance: 295 kms Altitude: 1875 meters | 6,153 feet
Reach Dehradun early morning and start the beautiful journey to Joshimath. It’ll take 8 to 9 hours to reach Joshimath. In this route, you will see four confluences, i.e., Devprayag, Rudraprayag, Karnprayag and Nandprayag. When you start the next day’s journey to Govindghat, then you will see the fifth and final confluence called Vishnuprayag. These all confluences play an important role in the making of holy river Ganga. Upon arrival check in to the hotel/camp/homestay and rest for the day or you can check out the local market for shopping.
*Transport will be arranged for the group on the actual cost-sharing basis.
Day 2: Joshimath – Govindghat – Ghangaria
Time: 8 to 9 hours Distance: 13 kms Altitude: 3049 meters | 10,200 feet
Start the day early and move to Govindghat to Poolna. Trek starts early in the morning, it is a long trip covering 13 km to reach Ghangaria. Breakfast and lunch will be served on the way. Trek route is quite broad, clean & well marked. Trek along the banks of river Pushpawati with the scenic view of Hathi paravat, waterfalls & nearby mountain villages. We will reach Ghangaria around 6:00 pm. Night stay in Ghangaria.
Day 3 : Ghangaria – Valley of flowers – Ghangaria
Time: 3 to 4 hours Distance: 3.5 kms one-way Altitude: 3658 meters | 12,100 feet
This day’s trek will take you to what you had been waiting for, “the valley of flowers”. The trek starts after breakfast, the valley of flowers is 3.5 km away from Ghangaria. You will see a variety of beautiful flowers all along the route which gives an indication that you are approaching the valley. After crossing a river there is 1 km ascend and then 1 km straight trek. It passes through the middle of Valley of Flowers, giving you a feel of the endless garden of flowers. We will explore further 2 km and then return back via memorial of Joan Margaret Legge. After exploring this incredible valley, return back to Ghangaria for night halt.
Day 4 : Ghangaria – Hemkund Sahib – Ghangaria
Time: 6 to 7 hours Distance: 5.5 kms one-way Altitude: 4329 meters | 15,210 feet
Wake up early in the morning, and refresh yourself with a glimpse of beautiful sunrise through the mountains. This day’s trek is 6 km up & 6 km down. On the way, you can see the majestic view of the valley, snow-capped peaks, waterfalls, and flora & fauna. From there it takes 2-3 hours to reach Hemkund Sahib Shrine. In Hemkund lake we can see the reflection of snow-capped peaks, which feels amazing. If you want, take a dip in the lake and then visit gurudwara and return back to Ghangaria.
Day 5: Ghangaria – Govindghat — Dehradun
Time: 4 to 5 hours Distance: 13 km trek/295 kms
Early in the morning, start the trek to Govindghat. It is all a downward journey of 13 km. It takes around 4 to 5 hours to reach Govindghat. Tour ends here with the unforgettable memories. This whole trek will leave you mesmerized with a long lasting print of Mother Nature and it’s beauty. Trekkers can enjoy some adventure activities in Rishikesh like white water rafting, camping in the jungle, kayaking, bungee jump, air safari etc.
- We have the right to cancel the departure if minimum group strength is not met.
- If you wish to customize the trip as per your preferred date, separate charges will apply.
- If a trek gets canceled at the last moment due to natural disaster/calamity or due to any unforeseen circumstances (i.e., earthquake, heavy snowfall, rains, floods, landslides, strike, bandh etc), Himlook will provide a voucher of the amount received which can be used either for the same trek or another trek in the next one year.
- Itineraries are based on information available at the time of planning and are subject to change. Himlook reserves the right to change expedition/trekking dates, people or itineraries as conditions warrant. If a trip must be delayed or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, airline schedules, sickness, or other contingency for which Himlook or its agents cannot make provision, the cost of delays and/or other changes are the responsibility of the participant.
- Any additional costs due to weather / unforeseen situations will have to be borne by the traveler.
- Himlook reserves the right to change the plan in case there is a danger involved for the group or whenever the trek leader deems it necessary.
- The final word of the trek leaders will have to be followed by all the members failing to which trek leader reserves the right to decline the individual as a trip member. In this scenario, no refund will be given.
- No show will be non-refundable.
- If a trek gets canceled after the commencement of trek due to any reason, no refund will be given.
- Himlook reserves the right to decline or accept, any individual as a trip member for any reason.
- In the event of cancellation of trek/ adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons by you, we must be notified of the same in writing at email@example.com. Cancellation request will not be taken or taken into consideration over the phone. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice in writing, and cancellation charges would be as follows: –
- Cancellations prior to 10 days from the commencement of the trek — full refund.
- Cancellations less than 10 days from the commencement of the trek — no refund.
Bookings made between 10 days from the trek commencement date will not be liable for any refund. Eg: If a trek’s date is 11-9-15, anyone making the booking between 1-9-15 and 10-9-15 will not be liable for any refund.
- Prior 10 Days- 30% of Trek/adventure program cost will be charged.
- less than 10 Days- No rescheduling allowed
- Accommodation (Guesthouse, Homestay, Camping).
- Veg 3-time meal of Nutritious food.
- Local & Professional guide to ensure the safety
- Forest Fee/ Permits.
- Basic First Aid
- GST 5%
- Any nature of transportation.
- Accommodation other than the mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any meals or services not in the itinerary above
- Evacuation charges and damage of any nature.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control. Insurance
- The tariff does not include barbeque, personal expenses like telephone, laundry etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Porter to carry personal luggage.